Heading off to college is a big step in every child and parent’s life—the kids get to have their first taste of adulthood, and the parents start their journey into being empty nesters.
However, after 18 years at home, that big move to college can also cause some homesickness. We find it’s nice to have something special to remember the family by in those moments, and jewelry is one way to do that. Whether it’s a necklace, bracelet, ring, or engraved watch, your college student can look down and immediately remember their family loves them.
Then, once they start to reach the end of their college career, it becomes a time to celebrate! Jewelry is a great way to congratulate new graduates on a job well done. Whether you have a freshman or senior going off to college, here are a few ideas if you want to give them a unique gift:
- Jewelry with a personal engraving. Since jewelry does have a smaller size limit, long phrases can be difficult to fit on a piece. It’s important to get a specialist’s expertise if you choose this option.
- A piece with birthstones of the whole family, so they can always have them close. We have made many pieces like this for a variety of jewelry.
- Design a custom class ring. These days, class rings are more common for high schoolers, but that doesn’t mean college students have to miss out. We can help create the perfect custom ring.
- Gemstone jewelry with their school colors. This is a great, versatile gift for celebrating your kid getting into or graduating from college.
- If you have an heirloom you’d like to redesign or resize as a graduation present, we can take care of that too.
We love creating special, personal pieces that can be worn and appreciated for years to come. Our goldsmiths are experts at designing the ideal jewelry piece for your needs and bringing it to life, so give us a call if you’re interested in starting a custom job. Johnson Jewelers is located in Woodbury, MN and serves the Twin Cities, Hudson, and River Falls area.